Conference for Education Professionals
Supporting schools through tragedy;
managing challenges, triggers and setbacks to recovery
Wednesday 18th March 2020
Village Hotel, Bury
9.30am – coffee
10.00am – start
4.00pm – finish
Cost: This is a FREE event, with a maximum of 120 places. You must register to attend (see below).
Draft Programme (please be aware that this may change)
- BiBorough Education Psychology Consultation Service and guests; supporting school communities following the Grenfell fire tragedy.
- Counter Extremism Division, Department for Education; learning lessons from Manchester
- Setbacks to recovery; school transition following tragedy
- Support following suicide
Aim and objectives: The impact of any tragedy or trauma is long lasting and there can be many setbacks to recovery. This conference aims to bring together professionals working within education to share their experience supporting staff and pupils through tragedy both in the short and longer-term.
- Educational professionals from primary, secondary, further education
- Pastoral staff
- Leadership team members
- School health advisors
- Other providers within an education setting
Method of booking:
Please be aware that you will not be permitted entry to the conference if we have not received a completed a registration form, this is for security and facilitating the catering.
We look forward to seeing you!